Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Javier wrote a nice article about monads - Those fancy words used by functional programmers purists really annoy me. Monads, Functors... Nonsense!!!
- Simplicitly: Foundations and Applications of Implicit FunctionTypes by Marting Odersky
- Introducing non-English chatrooms for Scala users
- Build Tools as Pure Functional Programs by Li Hayoi
- Exponential Back-Off With Scala Futures by John
- Partial & Partially Applied Functions in Scala by Thejas
- Mechanics of unboxed union types in Scala by Pawel
- Check out these libs:
- curryhoward, Automatic code generation for fully parametric functions via the Curry-Howard isomorphism
- wix-http-testkit, Tools for testing HTTP services
- scala-updatable-config, Library based on pure-config for getting updates from Consul or Vault backend.
- retry, because you should never give up, at least not on the first try
- travesty, Diagram- and graph-generating library for Akka Streams
- Google Cloud AutoML is available!
- Introducing RLlib: A composable and scalable reinforcement learning library
- Scala NE (this time in Boston) CFP closing soon
- Cinnamon 2.7 with Play support
- ScalaCSS v0.5.5 released
- catbird.io 18.1.0 and the corresponding iteratee-twitter are available now
- scala-sbt Docker image now for Scala 2.12.4 and Sbt 1.1.0
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!