Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Scala Center monthly project updates, from mid-Jan to mid-Feb
- 3 Tips For Maintaining Your Scala Projects
- In Defense of OOFP by Alex
- A new article and video about Akka Dispatcher behavior
- sbt 1.2.0 roadmap
- The trouble with typeclasses by Paul
- Great post: An opinionated guide to Haskell in 2018
- An Overview of End-to-End Exactly-Once Processing in Apache Flink
- SoK: Consensus in the age of blockchain
- Deep Reinforcement Learning Doesn't Work Yet
- ScalaUA will take place on April 20-21, 2018 in Kiev, Ukraine
- New cfp: Scala Italy 2018.09.14-15 in Florence, Italy
- And a list of more Scala events a
- Published version 0.1.0 of our new Mill #Scala built tool, along with tons of docs & examples
- Akka HTTP heading towards its 10.1.x release, with 10.1.0-RC2 being just released!
- Published refined 0.8.7 for #Scala 2.13.0-M3 and now celebrating literal types with this handsome refined type
- Freestyle v0.7.0 is now available! Now supports type parameters in tagless, new doc improvements, and more
- Just released a new version of Magnolia (0.7.0) with a lot of improvements to generic derivation, most of them contributed by others! Closing in on 1.0!
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!