Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Scala needs you!! Looking for volunteers to finish the Scala tour
- Binary compatibility for library authors by Jacob
- Scala – tagged types by Damian
- Cats finally updated the infographic
- An article Why We Do Scala in Zalando by Javier
- Nice series of videos - Scala - Your First Programming Language
- Tour of Akka Cluster – Akka Distributed Data a blog post by Manuel
- Nice turoail - PersistentActor minimal example
- How to Size Your Apache Flink Cluster: A Back-of-the-Envelope Calculation
- Check out Ben's blog post on how to use KSQL and KStreams for building microservices
- Second part of a great serie - Building a Distributed Log from Scratch, Part 2: Data Replication
- AWS hypervisor updates in response to Meltdown & Spectre seem to have reduced performance by 3 to 5% for Apache Spark workloads
- Another great article by Adrien - The case for learned index structures
- AWS SageMaker for Bioinformatics by Samantha
- Play 2.6.11 released
- Akka 2.5.9 Released and 2.4.x End-Of-Life
- Released pureconfig 0.9.0 with a new cursor-based API to navigate the configuration and better error modelling
- Scanamo 1.0.0-M4 is now out based on Cats 1.0.1
- Released akka-persistence-cassandra 0.80. New eventsByTag implementation, without materialized views
- The latest release for Freestyle (v0.5.3) adds tagless algebras for logging, async, and config
- Shims v1.1 has been published with dependency updates for cats 1.0.1
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!