Welcome to another week in #Scala. This weekends weather has put me in the mind of barbecued food with a little Scala hacking. (Scalaberque, anyone?) Whatever you do end up doing, put aside some time for what we’ve pulled from the far corners of the Internet. Enjoy!
The Typesafe Stack 2.0.2 is a modern software platform that makes it easy for developers to build scalable software applications in Java and Scala.
scalaxb 0.7.1 is an XML data-binding tool for Scala that supports W3C XML Schema (xsd) as the input file.
Configrity 0.10.2 is a simple, immutable and flexible Scala API for handling configurations.
sbt-dependency-graph is an sbt plugin to visualize dependencies of your build.
Scatur - A Turing Machine encoded in the scala type system.
Blogs and tutorials
- Liftweb JSON serialization and deserialization using Scala by Neelkanth Sachdeva (@NeelSachdeva)
- Functors, Monads, Applicatives – playing with map (Functor) by Dirk Detering (@Developmind)
- Why Method Overloading Sucks in Scala by Jacob Groundwater (@ShanghaiNoob)
- Integrate circumflex-orm into play 2.0 using Scala by Sven Richter
- Functional and Event Driven – another approach to domain modeling by Debasish Ghosh (@debasishg)
- Deploying Play Framework 2 apps, with Java AND Scala, to Openshift by Mark Atwood(@FallenPegasus), Jorge Aliss(@jaliss), and Sebastián Scarano(@develsas)
- Scala/Haskell: A simple example of type classes by Mark Needham (@markhneedham)
- MongoDB/SQL configurable, Akka, Play! 2.0 Scala Store Application by Paulo Siqueira (@jcranky)
- Polyglot Programming: The Power of Hybridization by Bruce Eckel (@)
- Scala DSL tutorial – writing a web framework router by Tymon Tobolski (@iteamon)
- A million bots can’t be wrong by Vasil Remeniuk (@remeniuk)
- Async SQL and Akka by Roman Stoffel (@GamlerHart)
- Understanding Iteratees by Jean-Laurent Huynh
- Scalaz: An introduction by Michael Pilquist (@mpilquist)