Welcome to another week in #Scala. We’re a day early this week as we’ve got a long Easter Bank Holiday weekend from tomorrow!
Scala IDE for Eclipse 2.0.1 RC02. The only change with respect to 2.0.1 RC1 is the bundled Scala, which is now Scala 2.9.2-RC2.
sbt-dropbox-plugin 0.1.0, a plug-in for SBT that integrates with the Dropbox API to automatically upload build artifacts from within sbt.
sbt-scalashim 0.1.0, a plug-in for sbt to generate Scala shim like sys.error.
sbt-assembly 0.7.4, a plug-in for SBT that creates a single jar of your project including all of its dependencies.
Malakov – A Markov Chain library for Scala.
Blogs and tutorials
- Check out the SIP process and current status – The committee decides collectively, but Martin Odersky reserves the final say if there is a disagreement
- Play project lead Guillaume Bort (@guillaumebort) clarifies the situation with Play 2.0 and Play 1.2.x
- Alexander Podkhalyuzin has blogged about the recent changes to completion in the Intellij IDEA Scala plugin
- Check out this two part video tutorial on Scala’s Type System: part 1 & part 2
- Great post on the Akka team blog: 50 million messages per second – on a single machine
- Functional thinking: Functional design patterns, Part 2 by Neal Ford (@neal4d)
- Translation (Simplification) of “Monads are just Monoids in the Category of Endofunctors”
- Play 2 – Some People Don’t Seem to Realise What They Have by Steve Chaloner (@steve_objectify)
- Play framework 2 quicktip: Scala console by Sebastian Scarano
- Check out this list of 76 Akka aplications
- Scala’s Delimited Continuations – powerful construct by Raymond Tay (@RaymondTayBL)
- The all-new Play Module Repository by Steve Chaloner (@steve_objectify)
Have a great Easter weekend and as usual feel free to drop me a mail or message @markglh on twitter with any Scala news!