Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- I wrote an article about flat actor hierarchies, why we should avoid them and how to deal with errors in Akka
- Debasish blogged about Domain Models - Late Evaluation buys you better Composition
- Nice comparison - Scala Futures vs Monix Tasks
- Akka Streams example of how to interleave Sources with priorities
- Zahari wrote an article about Improving Akka dispatchers
- Lightbend published Tech Digest for June 2017
- Nice intro to Akka Monitoring and Telemetry published
- Jay Krebs responds to questions about exactly-once in Kafka
- Revisiting AWS Lambda Runtime Performance
- Scala 2.12.3 Released!
- sbt 1.0.0-RC3 and sbt 0.13.16 available!
- Scala.js 0.6.19 is released!
- The Play team is proud to announce the release of Play 2.6.2
- Ammonite Scala 1.0.1 is out with 2.12.3 support
- sbt-release plugin 1.0.6 released
- json4s release 3.2.11 for Scala 2.12 for apache spark
- Slick 3.2.1 is out
- Announcing Scalastyle 0.9.0
- Announcing DeepLearning.scala 2.0.0
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!