Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Learn Functional Programming course/tutorialon Scala
- Comonads for scientific and statistical computing in Scala by Darren
- Managing Large State in Apache Flink - An Intro to Incremental Checkpointing by @StefanRRichter & @ChrisChinch
- Akka multi-dc aware cluster (OSS) and multi-dc persistence (commercial), released!!
- Check out AirFrame, Lightweight Building Blocks for Scala
- Finally released v2.0.0 of solrs, our async, non-blocking solr client for java/scala
- If you check Scala with ScalaCheck, generate arbitrary `Arbitrary`s and your compile times and bad, check out @etaty's scalacheck-magnolia project. It should be a five-minute drop-in replacement
- Introducing Omphalos, Uber Engineering's time series backtesting framework capable of generating efficient and accurate comparisons of forecasting models across languages
- Disel is a framework for developing and formally verifying message-passing based distributed systems, end-to-end
- Why is random testing effective for partition tolerance bugs
- Dotty 0.6-RC1 is out!
- JMH 1.20 release is here
- Github4s 0.18.0 is out!
- Akka Typed ported to Scala.js in Akka.Js
- Scalafix v0.5.8 is out with tons of new rules, --diff for rewrites, better docs, improved sbt plugin, bug fixes and more
- http4s-0.18.0-M9 and rho-0.18.0-M1 are out. These are built on the latest release candidate of fs2. We're still planning to release 0.18.0 as soon as possible after fs2-0.10, so try them out
- Just released Clouseau 0.1.0. I'd love advice on making it easier to use with SBT
- twitter4s 5.4. is out
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!