Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Accessible Scala proposal is out
- Safe(r) mappings in Slick with Shapeless
- Mill - Better Scala Builds
- A review of: Scala with Cats by Noel Welsh and Dave Gurnell
- Demystifying Currying and Partial Function Application
- Paper on CASPaxos, a simpler than Raft & Multi-Paxos protocol for building replicated state machines, is now on arXiv! The protocol has less moving parts, requires less code to implement, supports membership change and has formal proof
- Tracing fake news footprints: characterizing social media messages by how they propagate
- Using smart strategies, Uber drivers can increase their earnings by up to 50%.
- Learn how deep learning makes it possible to accurately assess cardiovascular risk factors using retinal images
- We announced new Reactive NYC meetup - Robust, managed Cassandra deployments on Kubernetes
- Akka Alpakka 0.17 is now available
- Sangria v1.4.0 is released! A lot of improvements in the SDL syntax and materialization, parser improvements, much better schema validation and much more
- Akka 2.5.10 is out with new Artery TCP transport and StreamRefs (also video is available:))
- New release of scala-xml
- released sbt-buildinfo 0.8.0
- Frameless 0.5.0 is out, featuring Spark 2.2.x, more ML integration, and support for more operators and column methods
- twitter4s 5.5 is out! Biggest new feature: you can now attach an existing actor system to your twitter client.
- eff 5.0.0, library for handling effects in scala is now released
- sttp 1.1.6 comes with zipkinproject brave integration
- Apache Beam version 2.3.0 is now available, with added support for Spark 2.2, Flink 1.4, Kafka 1.0, and more!
- Streamz 0.9 released
- scalaz 7.2.20 released
- Released Typelevel cats-effect 0.9, bringing you the cats.Parallel instance for IO
- scala-logging 3.8.0 is out, featuring LoggerTakingImplicit
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!