Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Cake is going to Reactive Summit, more info here!
- Minutes of the 6th meeting of the Scala Center
- uTest: the Essential Test Framework for Scala, by Li Haoyi
- Basic Category Theoryfor (Scala) Programmers (Part I), looks promising ...
- Eugene blogged about sbt 1 migration status and 1.0.2 hotfix
- Instructions for deploying Lagom Chirper to IBM Bluemix Container Service Lite
- Konrad returns to LB's webinar program with some advice on Akka Streams, Alpakka or Kafka
- Spark + Shapeless + Cats + Cats-effect + Cats-mtl? Bring it on!
- The latest in the series of Promise Theory introductory films published
- Learning to Optimize with Reinforcement Learning
- How to generate context and learn latent vectors for graph structure to find e.g. nodes playing similar roles
- One big neural network spanning multiple devices, gwys, and cloud. Big Network is watching you...
- Ensime is lookings for a new maintainer. And thanks fommil for all your effort!
- Java 9 is Out
- Play 2.6.5 released!
- Scalafix 0.5.0 final is out with new Disabled linter, scalafixTest task in sbt plugin and more configuration options
- New release of the Scala plugin for VS Code, now with Scala 2.12 support.
- sbt-jacoco (formerly jacoco4sbt) 3.0.0 released with sbt 1.0 support (plus lots more!
- sbt-microsites v0.7.0 available
- sbt-graphql initial release is out
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!