Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Let's start with something great. ScalaQuest, a game to teach people programming the Scala language has announced its Kickstarter campaing! Key features :
- Learn Scala with zero setup
- Start from scratch and level up
- Move up from basic to advanced topics like Implicits, Curryingand Value Classes
- Content developed by an expert, certified Scala trainer
- Also if you'd like to help propagate this project, you can use this page
- Developers share why they Love Scala For Machine Learning
- Nice article about a handy thing - Future with timeout
- Check you this article about Improving Akka dispatchers
- Adam wrote a new HTTP client for Scala
- Lightbend blogged about How To Resolve Network Partitions In Seconds
- Presenting the updated & extended 2017 edition of our report on persistent, replicated message queues
- An end to end implementation of a Machine Learning pipeline: A great tutorial with Jupyter notebook for ML beginners
- Another chapter of category theory for programmers: Topoi.
- Interesting article about Bootstrapping Reinforcement Learning
- sbt 1.0.0-RC2 is released, ft Library management API, WatchService, and faster Zinc storage using Protobuf
- released sbt 0.13.16-RC1 featuring the ability to build sbt 1.0 plugins using `^^ 1.0.0-RC2` command
- Kittens 1.0.0-M10 released, all SI-2712 work arounds removed; reduced cats dependency
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!