Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Announcing discuss.akka.io! Looking forward to use this new space to discuss with fellow hakkers
- And also discuss.playframework.com, our new way to communicate with Play community.
- Implementing an event-driven HTTP server with Scala Native
- Survey on Swagger with Akka HTTP
- Understanding Functor and Monad With a Bag of Peanuts
- KIP-270 - A Scala Wrapper Library for Kafka Streams
- Apache Flink Master Branch Monthly: New in Flink in February 2018
- Using Apache Kafka for Real-Time Event Processing at New Relic
- Kafka and Particle Physics: Status of the Development of the Experiment Data Acquisition Pipeline For The European Spallation Source
- The building blocks of microarchitectural and side-channel attacks in the browser, and what we can do to defend against them
- Cats 1.1.0 released
- Mill Scala 0.1.6 is out, with many new features and support for both Java 9 and Windows
- New circe release (0.9.2) is on its way to Maven Central
- scalajs-react 1.2.0 released featuring React 16 support, type-safe functionally-pure refs & AJAX, more
- Ciris v0.8.0/0.8.1 released with a much rewritten and expanded usage guide
- The 1.4.0 stable release is now available!
- RasterFrames 0.6.0 Released
- New pulsar4s is out
- And sbt-close-watch as well
- kafka-streams-scala 0.2.0 available
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!