Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- PayPal published an article about their Scala/Akka experience
- Very trendy these days - Scorex, write your own crypto currency!
- And a nice article about it - Why Everyone Should Build Their Next Blockchain in Scala
- Nice Scala FP tutorial project
- Also check out this if you wanna do some holiday programming - Advent of Code
- David Blogged: Practical Awesome Recursion Chapter 2: Catamorphisms
- Great presentation about the Effekt library by Jonathan
- Not Scala and a little bit older but find it interesting - Free monad considered harmful
- Another great article by Todd - Netflix: What Happens When You Press Play?
- The Curious Case of the Broken Benchmark: Revisiting Apache Flink® vs. Databricks Runtime
- Jeff Dean and co at GOOG just released a paper showing how machine-learned indexes can replace B-Trees, Hash Indexes, and Bloom Filters
- Tail attacks on web applications by Adrian
- Introduction to Schemas in Apache Kafka with the Confluent Schema Registry by Stephane Maarek
- Enabling Exactly-Once in Kafka Streams by Guozhang Wang
- 2017 Big Data and Analytics Surprises
This week in #DevOps (28/11/2017)
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!