Welcome to a new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Composing Microservices with Docker - Part 1, a great post by my colleague Mark
- Scala and 22, a blog post by Richard Dallaway
- Communicators: Actors with purely functional state, an interesing post by Antoine Kalmbach
- Writing Aws Lambdas In Scala, a great post by Yeghishe. If you are interested in in, there's also an activator template and sources are available here and here
- Scala is dead, long live Scala!, a blog post by Riccardo
- Handling Split Brain scenarios with Akka, a helpful tutorial by Marcin Gorczyński
- Jimmy to Microservices – The Journey One Year Later, a blog post by Dan Persa
- Evolving Distributed Systems, an article by Oliver Gierke
- Lessons Learned From Scaling Uber To 2000 Engineers, 1000 Services, And 8000 Git Repositories, a great post by Todd Hoff
- Getting Started With Apache Flink and Kafka, an article by Tug Grall
- Streaming data from Oracle using Oracle GoldenGate and Kafka Connect, a blog post by Robin Moffatt
- All talks from the ReactiveSummit are now available!
- BeeScala conference is coming closer !
- ScalaMatsuri talk submissions are now up on the website. submit yours while CFP is open
- Published Scalatags 0.6.1, with minor tweaks and fixes
- Published uPickle 0.4.3, with additional picklers by a bunch of contributors, and a manual workaround for SI-7046
- Released config 0.4.0
- The Apache Flink community has just released version 1.1.3
- Just released Sangria v1.0.0-RC2. A regression was introduced in RC1, but it was quickly identified an fixed in RC2
- Apache Camel 2.18.0 Released
- longevity 0.15.0 release
- ssc 1.0.0 is out
That’s all folks. You can get in touch with me directly via email or on Twitter(@petr_zapletal) with any Scala news or content. Tip: Tweet about your content using hashtag #Scala.
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!
Also if you are interested in the latest Devops news you can check Laura's blog post: This week in #DevOps (11/10/2016)