Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Notify Slack Channels with Gatling Test Failures by our own Deepti
- A great post about Profiling JVM applications by Eugene
- ScalaDays introduced their blog
- Synchronous or asynchronous, and why wrestle with wrappers? by Adam
- Cats' Rethinking MonadError by Luka
- Kafka 0.10 Compression Benchmark
- Real-time syslog Processing with Apache Kafka and KSQL—Part 2: Event-Driven Alerting with Slack
- Talks from Scalar Conference 2018 available!
- Akka 2.5.12 Released
- Akka team just released Akka Streams Kafka 0.20, part of the Alpakka family of projects, including Kafka 1.0 support, consumer metrics, and rebalance
- released sbt 1.1.4 hotfix featuring macOS triggered execution fix by Ethan Atkins
- Freestyle-rpc v0.13.12 brings Avro Schema Evolution support!
- Scala-Hamsters 2.6.0 is out
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!