Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Introducing Slinky, a new way to write react.js apps in Scala with scala.js
- Followup blog post is here
- Also checkout sbt-fmpp-resolver, An Apache FreeMarker template resolver for the sbt new command
- Li wrote a great post - Scala Vector operations aren't "Effectively Constant" time
- An Update On The Release Of Reactive Streams 1.0.1 And What's In JDK 9
- Also check out this cool article - Learning Scala By Terminology Root Cause Analysis - Part 2
- Exploring Tagless Final pattern for extensive and readable Scala code
- Learn more about the Google research & publications being presented this week in Sydney
- How concurrency anomalies in web apps can be exploited by attackers for gain
- sbt 1.0.0 is out
- Reactive Streams updated to 1.0.1
- fastparse 0.4.4 is out with support for scala native required no source file diffs, only build modifications
- Experimental Scalafix rewrites for migrating cats to 1.0.0 just landed on master
- We've released Apache Flink 1.3.2, with more than 60 fixes and minor improvements
- I updated the cats infographic for 1.0.0-MF
- Apache Hadoop 2.7.4 released! W/ important improvements on performance, security & metrics
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!