Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Exciting news to share: Cake Solutions Joins BAMTECH Media!
- We published an article about recent Reactive Summit
- And also about upcoming Scale by the Bay - November 15th - 18th, 2017
- Exploring Property-Based Testing with ScalaCheck (simple examples)
- An awesome visual Scala collections reference
- Nice overview of Typelevel Ecosystem
- Cool intro - Emoji trends on Twitter using Akka Streams
- The final episode is here! Ray Tracing with Akka
- Dependency injection of Akka Actors with Google Guice
- Minitest: Zero Crap Scala Testing Library
- Introducing Serial, a new open source library for improved data serialization on Android
- Another awesome blog by Ben Stopford on the relation between Kafka, KSQL, stream processing, and microservices
- Birth of the NearCloud: Serverless + CRDTs @ Edge is the New Next Thing
- What do those performance results really mean? Statistically rigorous analysis...
- Check out Tangent, an experimental open-source Python library for automatic differentiation
- Monix version 3.0.0-M2 released, upgrades to Typelevel Cats 1.0-RC1 and cats-effect 0.5
- Finch and Cats 1.0.0-RC1 available
- Released Magnolia 0.6.0, with support for Scala.JS, deriving value classes, improved error reporting, and more
- akka-persistence-sql-async 0.5.0 is out.
- Released Mocked Streams 1.5 for Apache Kafka 1.0
- A little late to the game but Mainecoon 0.5.0 is released to Cats 1.0-RC1
- Announcing MongoDB 3.6. Move at the speed of your data.
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!