Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Anyone want to help with the Mill Scala build tool? There are a bunch of easy issues that are great for someone getting started
- Scala-view: Animate streams of images
- Typesafe Union-type folding in Scala
- ManagedT: Compositional resource management
- A Dual to Iterator, and How to Abuse For Comprehension
- Circuit Breaker in Lagom Microservices by Nicolas
- The Art Of Destroying Your Web App With Gatling (to make it more resilient)
- Quick Tips for Fast Code on the JVM
- Confluent Makes KSQL Available in Confluent Platform and Announces General Availability
- Google-Landmarks: A New Dataset and Challenge for Landmark Recognition
- And another article by Google - A Preview of Bristlecone, Google’s New Quantum Processor
- And the last one - Open Sourcing the Hunt for Exoplanets
- Stream-Relational Processing Platforms by Robert
- Aerospike 184.108.40.206 and Jepsen by Kyle
- A summary of all the work from Stanford DAWN presented at SysML 2018
- Path-based transactions offer a potential solution for transaction scalability on (off!) blockchains. SpeedyMurmurs offers a compelling combination of efficiency, effectiveness, scalability, and privacy
- Announcing Dotty 0.6.0 and 0.7.0-RC1
- Here it is; the long awaited Akka HTTP 10.1.0 is released! New pool implementation and various large and small improvements
- Lightbend Announces Release of Fast Data Platform 1.1
- I have just released Slick 3.2.2
- We’re very pleased to announce our latest gatling 2.3.1
- The Lagom team has released Lagom 1.4.1
- Just released #akka-http-json for Akka HTTP 10.1.0
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!