Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Check out Li Hayoi's new shiny new Scala build tool (~ Mill) !
- And also ciris: Lightweight, extensible, and validated configuration loading in Scala
- Lightbend Podcast: What's New For Reactive Microsystems In Lagom 1.4
- How Do Implicits Work in Scala?
- FString: String lengths at compile time
- A tale of Tagless Final, Cats Effect and Streaming: Fs2 Rabbit v0.1
- Some Thoughts about Variance in Scala
- Curious about the performance implications of the new collections design?
- Comonads for scientific and statistical computing in Scala
- Free monads for cheap interpreters (Haskell examples)
- This paper on efficient and higher-order compositional streams manages to unify FRP and streaming in a single leak-free abstraction. Worth a read for stream connoisseurs!
- Apache Flink Master Branch Monthly: New in Flink in January 2018
- Quantum computing in the NISQ era and beyond
- Just published macro-compat 1.1.1 for Scala 2.13.0-M3
- Version 0.2.0 of sbt-search-maven-plugin released with sbt 1.1.0 support
- kafka-streams-query, a Scala http layer for Kafka Streams Interactive Queries, version 0.1.1 released
- released sbt 1.1.1 hotfix ft "Modified names"
- Jepsen 0.1.8 is out
- cross published sbt-dirty-money 0.2.0 for sbt 1.x and 0.13. it's a plugin that helps you clean cache
- Frameless 0.4.1 has been released - same as 0.4.0, but with cats 1.0.1, cats-effect 0.8, and cats-mtl 0.2.2
- cats-mtl 0.2.3 is released. Added some separate traits with default implementations for type classes
- Minitest version 2.1.0, bringing a simple, but much requested feature — ability to setup and tear down only once per suite
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!