Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- We were quite productive this week:
- Nice summary - Best Scala courses, videos & books in 2017
- Online tool to convert Json to Scala case class
- Konrad blogged about how to redefine task in sbt
- Publishing with Apache Kafka at The New York Times, an interesting article by Boerge
- The Leicester City fairytale? Utilizing new soccer analytics tools to compare performance
- Caitie wrote a nice summary about Resources for Getting Started with Distributed Systems
- Perfect duo of state and timers in Apache Beam and excellent write-up by Kenn Knowles
- Skymind raises $3M to bring its Java deep-learning library to the masses
- Common Issue Detection for CPU Profiling, a great article by John Nicol and others
- Announcing: Kubernetes on DC/OS
- Announcing Scala Native 0.3.3 with latest performance and library improvements
- Lagom 1.4.0-M2 is here!
- Kittens 1.0.0-RC0 is released
- New Dotty release folks! Better IDE support + stability improvements!
- Released akka-log4j for Log4j 2.9
- Excited to announce that ensime-maven-plugin 1.2.0 is released
- Security update for akka-http-session, if you're not encrypting sessions
- Released refined 0.8.3 with additions and bug fixes
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!