Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Ferhat wrote a great post about What is coming with Dotty?
- Sean wrote about The State Of In-Application State: What No One Is Talking About
- Longevity goes finally tagless - now supports cats-effect IO monad
- Nice intro about Spark Streaming and MapR Streams Using the Kafka API
- DL is awesome - GANs to synthesize cat images
- Another intersting DL related article - A 2017 Guide to Semantic Segmentation with Deep Learning
- GAN by Example using Keras on Tensorflow Backend
- Understanding Recurrent Neural Networks: The Preferred Neural Network for Time-Series Data
- Analysing private blockchains: design trade-offs and performance implications
- Do we need specialized graph databases? Benchmarking real-time social networking applications
- The Play team is proud to announce the release of Play 2.6.1.
- Lagom 1.3.5 is released!
- Published Ammonite #Scala REPL/Scripts 1.0.0
- released Gigahorse 0.3.1 with SignatureCalculator contributed by Alex Dupre
- scalaxb 1.5.2 is released ft. Gigahorse 0.3 support and JVM code size limit workaround
- released gigahorse-github 0.2.0, a Gigahorse plugin for Github API v3
- Just released sbt-errors-summary 0.3.0, based on the feedback on Scala Contributors, thank you!
- New #specs2 maintenance release
- New version of scalajs-bundler with great contributions (thank you all!), including Scala.js 0.6.18 support!
- Freestyle v.0.3.1 released! Features bug fixes, CI Improvements, increased coverage & more
- Release sbt-dynver 2.0.0 which changes the value of isSnapshot for a particular case
- Streamz 0.9-M1 released with dependencies to FS2 0.10.0-M3, cats 0.9 and cats-effect 0.3
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!