Happy New Year and welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Venice Hybrid: Doing Lambda Better
- An opinionated guide to building APIs with Akka HTTP
- Functional programming and Spark: do they mix?
- Best Scala talks I've seen in 2017 by Michal
- Optimizing Tagless Final – Saying farewell to Free
- Futures in Scala Protips (part 3): Unapplying Future.apply (sometimes)
- KSQL December Release: Streaming SQL for Apache Kafka
- Using Meltdown to steal passwords in real time. Great summary page.
- Links to a bunch of great longer articles from 2017 on topics in science and technology
- Dear hakkers! Akka HTTP 10.1.0-RC1 was just released
- The Cats maintainer team is proud to announce the Cats 1.0.0 release
- released atto 0.6.1 for cats 1.0.0
- just published dogs version 0.6.10 against the cats 1.0.0 release
- Updated play-json-cats to typelevel cats 1.0.1 and play-json 2.6.8; cross published for 2.11 and 2.12.
- New Finch 0.16 release against Cats 1.0
- Tuco 0.3.0 is now available for cats 1.0
- Circe 0.9 for cats 1.0 was released
- ReactiveStreams 1.0.2 is released
- Lagom 1.4.0-RC1 is out
- sbt 1.1.0 is released ft sbt server (editor integration via LSP) and unified slash syntax scala
- Akka alpakka 1.5.1 released
- http4s-0.18.0-M7 is now available. Built on cats-1.0.0-RC2
- refined/0.8.5.markdown at master
- Just released version 0.7.0 of my Spark testing library kontextfrei
- scalafmt v1.4.0 is out with a new sbt 1.0 plugin and several bug fixes
- Just published a new circe milestone for the new Cats release candidate—the last I hope before a real 0.9.0 for Cats 1.0 next week
- Published shapeless 2.3.3 for Scala 2.10.7, 2.11.12, 2.12.4 and 2.13.0-M2 for JVM/JS and for 2.11.12 for Scala Native
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!