Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Our own Saheb wrote a nice introduction - Typesafety 101: Knowing your Types
- And Amir published a post about Learning about the way we learn
- The Scala Center's Heather Miller gave this eye-opening talk about Open Source, and what it means for Scala
- Checkout an article about a new library - Introducing Kontextfrei by Daniel
- Zinc: faster compile times with incremental build, just reached 1.0!
- Petra created an updated (and probably final) version of Intro to gRPC in Scala with ScalaPB materials
- Check you Konrad's talk on Flow and the Future of Reactive Systems on the JVM
- Building Reactive Systems Using Akka’s Actor Model and Domain-Driven Design by Markus
- The recordings of this year's Reactive Summit are live!
- Serverless ‘Glue’ apps in AWS, and sending Slack notifications for Code Pipeline Events
- Making the case for a serverless distributed data processing platform
- This one is also interesting - Continuous Deployment is a niche practice; Continuous Delivery is more fundamental
- Distributed TensorFlow on Any Infrastructure with Mesosphere DC/OS
- DeepXplore: automated whitebox testing of deep learning systems
- Take the guesswork out of adding logging statements to your code by letting Log20 find the optimal logging locations
- Just published Typelevel Scala 4 for Scala 2.12.4
- Sangria v1.3.1 is released! New high-level API for SDL-based schema builder 🛠️ and more
- Cats 1.0.0-RC1 is out! And you can automate the migration from 0.9.0 using Scalafix
- Just published iteratee.io 0.14.0
- http4s-v0.18.0-M5 is available with cats-1.0.0-RC1 support
- Just released monocle 1.5.0-cats-M2 for cats 1.0.0-RC1
- Released Scala Hamsters 2.0
- circe-fs2 for Cats 1.0.0-RC1 is out! I'm publishing milestones for modules on demand so if you need one let us know
- Apache Cassandra 2.1.19, 2.2.11, 3.0.15 & 3.11.1 now available through Instaclustr's Managed Service
- ensime sbt v2.0.2 is out, with support for multi configuration dependencies
- Apache Kafka 1.0 is out
- Released atto 0.6.1-M7 for cats 1.0.0-RC1 • No other changes.
- Apache Ignite 2.3 brings much more SQL capabilities and persistent store improvements
- MongoDB 3.6.0-rc2 is out and is ready for testing
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!