Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Don’t listen to them, learn Cats this way, by our own Amir
- Tour of Akka Cluster – Eventual consistency, persistent actors, message delivery semantics by Manuel
- Dale wrote a blog post about the sbt 1.2.0 roadmap we have planned:
- Caching With Variable TTL Using Scalacache
- Deep Learning in Scala Part 2: Hello, Neural Net!
- Damian blogged about "AWS, SQS, Alpakka, Akka Streams – go reactive"
- Using Scala with Kubernetes? You might be interested in the recently released Kubernetes support for Typelevel Ciris
- Part 2 of akka remoting articles and short videos. This is the sender side explanation, which will be followed by the next receiver side article and video
- Linear logic and deep learning, differentiable programming w/o repeating the mistakes of imperative programming
- Designing Distributed Systems book is free to download!
- The paradigms of programming, advice from a Turing Award winner on becoming a better programmer
- Valiant's classic 'theory of the learnable paper' investigates the limits of machine learning
- scala 2.13.0-M3. Thanks to all who made this milestone happen! On to the next one, which will integrate the new collections design
- released sbt 0.13.17 featuring basic Java 9 support and `clean` fix back port
- Congrats to mpilquist and the rest of the FS2 team on this release! I’m celebrating by sending circe-fs2 0.9.0 on its way to Maven Central
- http4s-0.18.0 final is out, built on stable versions of cats-1.0.1 and fs2-0.10.0. This is now the recommended production version for all users
- Published sbt-dynscalajs 0.2.1, with support for Scala.js 1.0.0-M3
- sbt v1.1 LSP server integrated with Atom IDE UI: atom-sbt-client v0.2.0
- IntelliJ IDEA 2017.3.4 is released! Please update to the latest version
- Scalafix 0.5.9 is out
- Announcing Lift 3.2.0
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!