Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Wondering what's up with the macro rework going on in Scala?
- Announcing: bloop! (scala's fast compile & test tool)
- New Scala colloections described - LET THEM BE LAZY!
- I hinghly recommend to check out John's talk about Scalaz 8
- One-way & two-way streaming in a Lagom application
- Interesting paper to read - Refinement Reflection: Complete Verification with SMT
- AWS now provides GraphQL support! The console and AWS lambda integrations look sweet
- Amazon announced SageMaker! A fully managed service to build, train & deploy machine learning models at scale
- And also EC2 Bare Metal instances
- New confluent post - Toward a Functional Programming Analogy for Microservices, also contains my favourite diagram ^^
- All of #NIPS2017 papers in one place
- SVE: Distributed video processing at Facebook scale
- Mozilla has released open source speech recognition model & data. Word error rate 6.5%, which is close to human
- Unintended side-effects, reward hacking, unsafe exploration and more... understanding potential failure modes for autonomous agents and RL
- Six recommendations for reducing safety related errors in software, based on an analysis of the systems for the Voyager and Galileo spacecraft
- Learning to learn by Berkeley AI Research
- New Reactive New York: Achieving Scale-independence for your Application is coming!
- Don't forget to check upcoming Scala events regularly
- Scala.js 1.0.0-M2 is available
- Dotty 0.5.0-RC1 is out
- Scala packaging utility sbt-pack 0.9.3 now supports sbt 1.1.0-M1
- sbt 1.0.4 is released ft. no-op compilation perf fix (caused by classpath hashing)
- sbt 1.1.0-RC1 is now out ft. unified slash syntax and sbt server using LSP
- Akka HTTP 10.0.11 Released! New caching module and rewritten (experimental) client pool
- Released akka-log4j 1.6.0 with support for Log4j 2.10.0
- specs2 maintenance release 4.0.2
- Sangria v1.3.3 is released! Featuring most recent SDL spec updates, multi-line string support, SDL descriptions as strings, and some other minor improvements
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!