Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Our very own Jan speaks about How To Design And Implement An Entire Distributed System
- Justin sent us an article about Udash featureing Scala.js, Clojurescript and many more
- Byname implicits with recursive dictionaries to (mostly) replace shapeless's Lazy
- Gradient Descent with Free Monads, an article by Kirill
- Bootstrapping the Web with Scala Native (Part 1)
- Dagon: a new library for DAG rewriting: optimize your interpreters and compilers!
- Metarpheus: a custom approach to API contracts
- Probably the biggest event of the last week is not really Scala related but definitely super exciting. KSQL (Kafka + SQL) introduced:
- Introducing KSQL: Open Source Streaming SQL for Apache Kafka
- Here's a great video showing what you can do with KSQL
- Streaming SQL in Apache Flink, KSQL, and Stream Processing for Everyone
- Deep learning summer school 2017 videos available
- RNNs can generate fake Yelp reviews effectively, evading automated detection, & score high on "usefulness" metrics
- Using chatbots against voicespam: analyzing Lenny's effectiveness
- sbt 1.0.1 is released to Maven Central! This is a hotfix on 1.0.0 addressing regressions and migration issues
- Gatling 2.3.0 with Scala 2.12 support is out
- gatling-sbt now supports sbt 1.0
- Lagom 1.3.8 is here
- Akka HTTP 10.0.10 released
- Finch 0.16-M2 is out
- sbt-pgp 1.1.0 is cross published for sbt 0.13 and 1.x featuring `skip in publish := true`
- sttp 0.0.8: multpart uploads, fs2 support
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!