Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Colin Blogged - Scala's Future.successful: Do Not Block Your Future Success
- Nice intro - Getting Started with ElasticSearch using Scala and Elastic4s
- Akka Typed has New Cluster API
- Check out this new Akka feature - Cluster across multiple data centers
- Lightbend FastData Platform is now available
- Lightbend Fast Data Platform Reaches General Availability
- New video: what to know about Lightbend Fast Data Platform
- What Fast Data use cases are driving adoption most?
- KSQL explained: Kafka Wakes Up And Is Metamorphosed Into A Database
- How to Build and Deploy Scalable Machine Learning in Production with Apache Kafka
- Deep linear networks can learn to perform nonlinear computation due to imprecision in floating point arithmetic
- Programming Models for Distributed Computation
- Why SQL is beating NoSQL, and what this means for the future of data
- Why you shouldn't stop A/B tests early, and some attempts to define metrics such that you can
- From CI to CD, and thus to CE! Continuous experimentation as the next step on your product development journey
- released Giter8 0.10.0 featuring conditional expressions
- Both the Emacs client and sbt plugin have an 2.0.1 release, using the 2.0.0 server.
- Published sbt-github-release v0.5.0 ready for SBT 1.0
- released sjson-new 0.8.1
- sbt-site version 1.3.1 released with support for the Paradox site plugin for SBT 1.0
- Akka 2.5.6 released. Packed with new stuff. Java 9, Multi-DC Clustering, Typed Cluster and Typed Persistence
- akka alpakka 0.13 released! MongoDB source, manual ack for AMQP, DynamoDB improvements and more
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!