Welcome to another edition of #ThisWeekInScala. My choice chirp:
@AhmedSoliman: Life is too short to code in Java, learn Scala today! I #scala
Indeed. Now your roundup...
- Akka 2.2-M2 released and now features Cluster node roles.
- scalaz 7.0.0-M9 out now (final milestone before the RC cycle)
- Scalaz, Shapeless and Spire have been grouped together at Typelevel
- SBT 0.13.0-M1 is available
- Scala IDE 3.0.0 released
- Activate 1.2 is available at maven central and now features Polyglot Persistence and Optimistic Offline Locking.
- Twitter Storehaus is a new library to work with asynchronous key value stores
- AnormCypher 0.4.0 released with Scala 2.10 support - a driver for Neo4j, based on Play Anorm
- Age Mooij released a Scala client library for Riak - riak-scala-client - which is based on Akka and Spray
- Casbah 2.5.1 has been released
- ScalaFX v.1.0 Milestone 2 Released
- Martin Odersky will start his Coursera class "Functional Programming Principles in Scala" again on March 25th 2013
This week I offer you an article by Pascal Voitot (@mandubian) which attempts to make the Iteratee concept understandable without functional/math theory:
Blogs & Tutorials
- A few more videos from NEScala appeared:
- Josh Suereth reviewed the first ever Scala conference in Japan
- Skills Matter posted the talks from their recent Functional Programming eXchange. Here's the Scala vids:
- Rodrigo Sasaki blogged: How does #Scala work it’s Magic?
- Ayush Mishra blogged about pagination in Lift once again: How to Refresh Pagination Links via AJAX in Liftweb using Scala
- Carsten Saathoff wrote about their use of lazy database migrations with MongoDB and Scala using the Salat library
Cake's own @honzam399 showed us how to set the Access-Control-Allow-Origin header in a Spray endpoint using a neat directive
- Martin Krasser blogged: Eventsourced for Akka - A high-level technical overview
- Kevin Hoffman explains how he used WebSockets to push a notification to a web page containing data just modified by someone else: Using WebSockets with Play Framework 2.1.0
- James Roper was interviewed for the Scala Types podcast about Play 2
- Daniel Westheide added part 15 to his series "The Neophyte's Guide to Scala", which discusseshow to deal with failure in actor systems
That's all folks. Have a great week. Remember you can get in touch with me directly via email or message me on twitter (@ChrisCundill) with any Scala news, events or content.