Cake is recognised as the foremost expert in application architecture and development, agile project management, collaborative services in the UK – that’s quite a bold statement. Read on to find out the evidence behind this claim to fame.
We will start with our core qualities. We strive to be thought leaders, we never stop exploring, questioning and we are never quite satisfied with our work. Our experts are expert programmers, architects and agile leaders. Through our wide technical expertise, we can give you the best possible solution to your goal.
Because we think that bringing innovation to your projects is exciting, we will be expecting the same commitment from your team, too. Our enthusiasm brings even the hardiest nay-sayers on our side very quickly. We will bring the creative joy back to everyone in your team: the programmers, architects, analysts; in fact, everyone all the way to the executive board.
- We contribute to major open source projects and we run our own projects. Our open source work covers object-oriented Java programming as well functional and type-safe programming in Scala; we contribute to projects in the Spring Portfolio and we have created Specs2 Spring and Akka Patterns.
- Members of our team speak at developer conferences all around the world, showing the best and most exciting ways to write enterprise code that runs on the Java platform.
- Our team have written six technical books: we have the Java EE monsters Pro Spring 2.5, Pro Spring, Oracle Application Server 10g; detailed description of a Java templating engine in Pro Velocity and trip down the history lane in Pro Jakarta Struts. We have also ventured over to the dark side in Pro Visual Studio .NET and articles on native Windows and low-level .NET programming on the Embarcadero Developer Network. We are the authors of numerous journal articles and whitepapers.
- We also sit on the other side of the publication barricade: we are the founding editors and contributors to the Open Source Journal, UK’s first paper peer reviewed journal focusing on open source technologies.
- Our expertise and talent allowed us to partner with the NCC. We have authored the NCC Guidelines on Agile Project Management; together, we run technical and management events and the members of the Cake team speak at the NCC conferences.
- Hays IT recruitment also recognise our expertise: we are their open source partner. In other words, if Hays need advice on any open source area, they come to us. Cake team members also speak at Hays technical and management events.
- Typesafe partners
- Finally, we share our expertise in the Skills Matter training courses we author and teach. Our courses cover the technologies we are experts in and are delivered with enthusiasm and passion. Just like Hays and NCC, Skills Matter invite us to speak at their technical conferences.