Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Why I'm Excited About Scalaz 8, a great article by Joe
- A note on Kentucky Mule and Twitter’s Scala compiler announcement
- Manuel wrote an article about Akka anti-patterns: naming your application components after Akka concepts
- What's new in Akka 2.5.4? Check out a blogpost by Mikołaj Koziarkiewicz
- Coursera’s Journey to GraphQL by Bryan Kane
- Powerful and modular IO connectors with Splittable DoFn in Apache Beam by Eugene
- Stream data out of Apache Kafka & into Elasticsearch
- Care for some light reading? Learn more about the Google research & publications presented at #kdd2017 last week
- Taking 'cloud native' one step further with collaboration between apps and container mgt platforms
- Towards deploying decommissioned mobile devices as cheap energy-efficient compute nodes
- "works like verification, feels like testing" - improving sw quality through continuous LFDI testing at Elastic
- Oxford's "Deep Learning for NLP" - Just noticed the Videos, Slides, and Practicals are all up on the Github now
- Lagom 1.3.7 is released!
- There is a new major specs2 version
- akka reactive-kafka v0.17 released! Apache Kafka 0.11 support added
- My new Scala plugin sbt-json is now available via the Sonatype central repository
- Just added benchmark results to the release notes for this morning's circe 0.9.0-M1 (tl;dr: it's faster than 0.8.0)
- circe-config 0.3.0 released to celebrate it's now part of the circe GitHub org
- Created & released sbt-compat 1.0.0: backports parts of sbt 1's public API on top of sbt 0.13 implementation
- sbt-conflict-classes 0.1.0 released. support sbt 1.0
- http4s v0.18.0-M1 is here. This series introduces:
- released scopt 3.7.0
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!