Welcome to another edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
There is no better way to start the blog post this week other than the Scala Movie 2.11 Official Trailer, it's hilarious!
Here we have the most popular content from Scala Days 2014
So lets catch-up on the latest Scala happenings...
- Jsonda 1.2.0 was released, it is a Simple DSL for JSON objects which is independent from specific JSON library
- Playframework war plugin 1.2 was released for Play 2.2 with async IO on servlet 3.1 containers
- Java 8 Crib Sheet for Scala Developers, a blog post and screencast by Richard Dallaway
- The RedMonk Programming Language Rankings: June 2014, Scala is ranked 14th
- Java to Scala — Series- Part I, a few tips for Java Programmers coming to Scala by David Przybilla
- Functional Composition With Monads, Kleislis and Functors, a blog post by Leonardo Borges
- Scala is faster than Java, a blog post by Julien Tournay
- Clash of the Lambdas. Comparing Lambda Performance in Java, Scala, C#, and F#, a paper by Aggelos Biboudis, Nick Palladinos and Yannis Smaragdakis, the reddit comments are very interesting as well
- Methods on the Scala collections classes, organized by category, a blog post by Alvin Alexander
Scala Days Content
There is a very nice effort by Kevin Wright to collect the Scala Days content on github!