Welcome to a new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala happenings...
- On Free Monads, a great talk by Pere Villega
- The missing diamond of Scala variance, a blog post by Stephen Compall
- Akka starter kit, a summary by Tudor Zgureanu
- Benchmarking Akka-Stream-Kafka, a benchmark by Krzysiek Ciesielski
- You can now try Akka.js online !
- Also GraphQL has new pages !
- Playing with Play. REST service, a blog post by Michał
- Guys from Scala IDE are interesting if you'd like to see the Visual Studio Code integration. Check it out here and here
- Infographics: Operation Costs in CPU Clock Cycles, an interesting post by Sergey Ignatchenko
- Apache Kafka: Online Talk Series announced
- Log Compaction | Highlights in the Apache Kafka and Stream Processing Community | September 2016, a summary by Gwen Shapira
- On designing and deploying internet-scale services, a great post by Adrian Colyer
- Internet Scale Services Checklist, a great checklist also by Adrian Colyer
- Scala 2.12.0-RC1 is out! RC2 will follow, to fix regressions
- ScalaFiddle is released! It's an online playground for exploring and sharing Scala code
- Published Scala FastParse 0.4.0, with a brand-new binary & streaming-parsing APIs, by Vladimir Polushin over GSOC
- Just released kind-projector 0.9.0 -- now with polymorphic lambda support
- FS2 (formerly scalaz-stream) version 0.9 is out!
- circe 0.5.2 is out !
- sbt-elm 0.1.0 available
That’s all folks. You can get in touch with me directly via email or on Twitter(@petr_zapletal) with any Scala news or content. Tip: Tweet about your content using hashtag #Scala.
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!
Also if you are interested in the latest Devops news you can check Laura's blog post: This week in #DevOps (13/09/2016)