Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- We were very productive this week:
- Michal wrote a blog about exploring Scala optics beyond Lenses
- Colin wrote the second part of his series about Integrating Akka Streams and Akka Actors
- A gentle introduction to Reactive streams by Christian
- Jonas wrote an articke about The evolution of scalable microservices
- Also check out this great article about Automated benchmarking leads to the fastest scalac yet
- Li wrote another excellent blog post - Scala Scripting: Getting to 1.0
- List of great tutorials about Implementing Convolutional Neural Networks
- If you're Flink positive you should check out this article about Rescaling Stateful Applications in Production
- New Reactive New York announced: Industrial-grade streaming with Sendence Wallaroo
- Released Akka 2.4.19. Important fix to Akka Remoting
- cross published sbt-assembly 0.14.5 for to sbt 0.13 and 1.0.0-M6
- back published sbt-bintray, sbt-buildinfo, sbt-contraband, and sbt-pgp for sbt 1.0.0-M6
- longevity 0.23 release is out! Use Type Classes to Improve Type Safety of Persistent API
- scala-hamsters 1.4.0 is out with Scala.js support
- Lagom 1.3.5 is released!
- Sangria v1.2.2 is released
- Announcing Scala Native 0.3.0 with brand new garbage collector, testing framework integration and more
- Scala IDE 4.6.1 with Play 2 support released!
- Published Ammonite Scala 1.0.0-RC7, with fixes for filewatcher and repl-argument problems noticed during RC6
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!