Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- For Cake, was just me for this week. Decided to start a series about common mistakes when writing reactive application. Starting with Java Serialization
- Also ScalaDays Chicago are coming and we will be there. So let's catch up. We have a couple of speakers there known as "The Three Czechs", their talks:
- Riccardo Cardin wrote an article about Dependency
- Akka support lands in IntelliJ Idea
- Nice example of Play application showing encrypted session management
- Creating user interfaces with Scala.js and Binding.scala by Loic
- Google introduced an open source seq2seq framework in TensorFlow that makes it easy to experiment with seq2seq models
- Aphyr wrote a post Typing the technical interview and it's hilarious
- Great article Five things we’ve learned about monitoring containers and their orchestrators by Todd Hoff
- Critical Deficiencies in Jigsaw (JSR-376, Java Platform Module System)
- Scala Wave 2017 (Gdansk) registration opened! Workshops, hackathon, tech talks, summer feeling of Baltic seaside!
- Curry On Barcelona! CFP closing in a few days! Using functional programming in industry? Submit!
- Working on a cool Scala project (research or OSS)? Submit to Scala Symposium (Vancouver)! Call for Papers now online
- Scala.meta 1.7.0 just released featuring Scala.js support, Scaladoc parser, awesome experiments in contrib and more
- Released sbt-fresh 2.6.0 with support for sbt 0.13.15
- Akka 2.5.0 Released! New Java Actor API, Faster Materialization, Coordinated Shutdown and more
- Released akka-persistence-cassandra 0.25.1, fixing the regression for eventsByTag in 0.25
- Released akka-http-json 1.15.0
- Scalameta 1.7 is out with Scala.js support and much more! Check out the scalafix migration guide
- sbt 0.13.15 is released, featuring preliminary JDK 9 support and offline installation
- Lightbend Emoji 1.1.1 out now, has support for Scala 2.12
- Apache Apex Malhar (the Apex library) 3.7.0 released
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!