Welcome to the new edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- I published Alejandro's article about ScalaQuest
- Check out sbt plugins sorted by GitHub stars as of August, 2017
- Justin describes Hacker News API Part 2
- Marius wrote an excellent article about Using Akka HTTP with Sangria as GraphQL backend
- And Manuel described A new adaptive accrual failure detector for Akka
- An implemention of Bitcoin protocol using Akka library
- A very thorough article on creating a non-trivial Ethereum project dapp
- Check out Akka Batteries - Utilities for Akka cluster in production
- Notes from trenches - Crafting production-ready Backup as a Service solution using Akka Streams
- Lightbend published their Tech Digest - July 2017
- Chain Services with Exactly-Once Guarantees by Ben Stopford
- Interesting news from DataStax. Java driver 4 introduced
- Not Scala related, but definitely interesting - 38 Seminal Articles Every Data Scientist Should Read
- Another interesting article - The Next Scalability Hurdle: Massively Multiplayer Mobile AR
- And also this one this great - Stuff The Internet Says On Scalability
- tut is now officially on sbt 1.0.x!
- Just published typelevel #Scala 4 for Scala 2.12.3. Try it now with the latest Ammonite REPL
- Just published macro-compat 1.1.1 for #Scala 2.13.0-M2
- Just published shapeless 2.3.2 for #Scala 2.13.0-M2.
- Released kittens 1.0.0-M11 updated to cats 1.0.0-MF
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!