Welcome to to the New Year's edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
This blog aims to keep you up to date with the latest news from the world of Scala and Reactive programming.
It has been a week since last time, so lets catch-up on the latest Scala & Reactive happenings...
- Let's start with a great article - Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Building Reactive Systems by Lutz Huehnken
- Exploring Reactive Integrations in Java 8 with Akka Streams, Alpakka and Kafka, a nice talk by Konrad Malawski
- Introducing Org - an #OpenSource project site generator! Lern how to use it by Alejandro Gomez
- Even more useful colors in Scala compiler output with Clippy 0.5.0!
- Akka Streams: A Motivating Example. Nice material for beginners.
- If you're into Fast data, you bet you are gonna like this paper
- SMACK stack from the trenches, definitely worth to check this one out. By Achim Nierbeck
- Nice intro into the area with huge potential - Part 1 Of Thinking Serverless — How New Approaches Address Modern Data Processing Needs
- In Hubspot's newest research report, they demystify what #AI is and how it will impact our day-to-day lives
- It's not just ML outputs that can be hard to explain - dataflows aren't easy either
- Stuff The Internet Says On Scalability For February 3rd, 2017
- Published Scalatags 0.6.3, with some minor bug fixes and tweaks
- scalaprops 0.4.0 and sbt-scalaprops 0.2.0 released. Support deterministic testing
- Just released akka-http-session 0.4.0 with a Java API
- cron4s 0.3.0 is out
Also if you are interested in the latest Devops news you can check Laura's blog post: This week in #DevOps (31/01/2017)
In case you are looking for new challenges, pay attention, because Cake Solutions are hiring!