Welcome to another edition of #ThisWeekInScala!
Typesafe introduced Slick 2.0 last week on a webinar and in case you missed it you can still watch the recorded session
Lets catch-up on the latest Scala happenings ...
- Scala 2.10.4-RC2 is now available!
- Scala.rx 0.2 the Functional Reactive framework was released with many improvements
- Spark 0.9 is out with a new graph package
- Algebird 0.4 was released from twitter
- Scalaz 7.1.0 is out
- Accord 0.2 milestone release is already out, the new validation library for Scala
- Parboiled 2.0-M2 was released with fixes, features an increase of the parsing performance by about 30%
- Omniprop 0.2 was released
- Akkaguice 0.5 is out, lets you schedule akka actors via configuration files in playframework
- Skinny Framework 0.9.28, the Scala on Rails framework is out
- uTest 0.1.1, the new macro-powered unit testing library was released
This week I give you twitter's Scala school which is always a good read
Blogs, Tutorials & Projects
- A quick tour of relational database access with Scala from Manuel Bernhardt
- A very interesting project by Thibault Duplessis using Play, Scala and Akka Actors to create a web-based chess game
- Handling circular dependencies in an immutable domain model by Alex Luketa
- A Reactive Scala & Akka BitTorrent client from Dan Oxlade
- Adam Warski introduced macros in Scala