Welcome to another week in #Scala. Hopefully you’ve all recovered for last week’s super size issue and are ready for something a little more bite-sized!
cjmx is a command line JMX client intended to be used when graphical tools (e.g., JConsole, VisualVM) are unavailable. Additionally, cjmx intends to be useful in scripting environments.
Blogs and Tutorials
- In Dependent Types with Scala, Shapeless, Scala Macros, Miles Sabin (@milessabin) explains dependent typing in Scala, the Shapeless project that demonstrates these concepts, static typing improvements in Scala and Scala Macros.
- Josh Suereth (@jsuereth) also discusses macros in Scala Adding Macros to the Language.
- All these Scala macros posts put me in the mind of another proliferating piece of code..
- Type Classes is an interesting post regarding a problem Jan(@honzam399) and I started chipping away at over the weekend. Scala devs hooking into a Cassandra db should have a look.
- We catch up once more with Mohamed Sanaulla (@sanaulla) in Playing with reduceLeft, reduceRight, foldLeft, foldRight API in Scala
- We get this week’s scalaz fix from Rúnar Bjarnason (@runarorama) on Scalaz, Lenses, Functional Programming and Scala!
- The ol’ tweet machine went a little crazy with this next one. Martin Odersky (@odersky) will be running a course on Functional Programming Principles in Scala. If you haven’t already, you’ll probably sign up out of curiosity as to what little nuggets of FP gold he’ll be sharing
- Jonas Bonér (jboner) answers questions in Q&A: Akka 101
Have a great weekend and remember you can directly get in touch with me via email or message me on twitter (@AmarettoAndCode) with any Scala news!