Welcome to another week in #Scala. We’ve a great post on Akka for developers with a Spring background by our very own Jan. There’s also a great article on one of Scalaz’s clever features. (For those unfamiliar with and those not too keen Scalaz I implore you to have a quick look! It’s friendlier than you think!!)
Socko v0.2.0 An embedded Scala web server powered by Netty networking and Akka processing.
ScalesXml 0.3-RC7 is an alternate xml library for Scala providing a coherent model, querying and manipulation via an XPath like syntax, better performance, highly customisable equality framework and an Iteratee based pull api.
Blogs and Tutorials
- Error handling with Scala’s Try by Rich Dougherty (@richdougherty)
- Unboxed new types within Scalaz7 by Timothy Perrett (@timperrett)
- Scalable Pubsub Implementation On Scala by Robin Syihab (@anvie)
- A Small Example of Phantom Types by Channing Walton (@channingwalton)
- Domain Modelling in a Functional World by Debasish Ghosh (@debasishg)
- Akka eye for the Spring guy (or gal) by Jan Machacek (@honzam399)
- How we got SPDY working with Netty 3.5 for Socko by Vibul Imtarnasan (@vibuli)
- Play2.0 Action Interceptor by Andy Petrella (@noootsab)
- Scoobi – Scala for Startups Ben Lever (@bmlever)
Remember you can with reach me via email or message me on twitter (@AmarettoAndCode) with Scala news!