Welcome to another week in #Scala. Or maybe that should be half-week in Scala since the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations extended our weekend to Tuesday.. Hmm.. Well, wherever you are and however long your upcoming weekend is, we’ve a fair amount to keep you busy with . Enjoy!
scoobi 0.4.0 is a productivity library for writing Hadoop jobs in Scala.
specs2 1.11 can now create markup files from specifications!
json-lenses is a library to query and update JSON data in Scala
- Knolx Session: Introducing Scala by Meetu Maltiar (@meetumaltiar) is a set of slides going into the use of sbt, Scala, Scala collections and ScalaTest
- Better CLI option parsing in Scala
- Joshua Suereth (@jsuereth) talks on Scala best practices in Effective Scala.
- Crazy Scala Combinator Parser by Christian Baranowski (@tux2323)
- Scalaz Airbrake Service is a Scala client for the Airbrake Notifications API written using Scalaz IO and actors.
- Matt Raible (@mraible) discusses some of his experiences in Upgrading to Play 2: Anorm and Testing
- For anyone using GigaSpaces, a new blog on integrating it with Scala has opened up at GigaSpaces XAP + Scala = GigaScala
- Last time we caught up with Rob Dickens, he was working on improving scala.Either. This time he’s offering an alternative: Okay/Reason extends Checked (a biased scala.Either)
- ScalaMock has just been rewritten “from the ground up” rewrite using macros! Check out the ScalaMock 3.0 Preview Release!