Welcome to another week in #Scala. We’re a bit light this week on submissions, so if you find yourself hungry for a little more Scala goodness, skip back a few weeks and see if there’s anything you’ve missed. Or even better, find a topic you dont fully understand, grok it, then blog about it for the rest of us! Enjoy!
Migration Manager, a binary compatibility reporting tool for Scala, has just been open-sourced!
The scala-maven-plugin 3.0.2 is used for compiling/testing/running/documenting scala code of any maven project.
scallop 0.4.0 is a simple (yet powerful) command-line arguments parsing library for Scala.
janalyse-ssh: is a high level scala SSH API for easy and fast operations on remote servers.
Dispatch Reboot is a rewrite of the Dispatch library for HTTP interaction in Scala, using sonatype/async-http-client as its underlying transport.
Blogs and tutorials
- ScaTDD: Casting an eye over three major Test frameworks in Scala by Kingsley Davies (@kings13y)
- Fixing scala.Either – left/right.map returns projection by Rob Dickens
- Getting started with vert.x by Jan Machacek (@honzam399)
- Akka @ Klout by David Ross (@dyross)
- Scala Typeclassopedia by John Kodumal (@jkodumal)