Welcome to another week in #Scala. We’ve got new release candidates for both Scala and Akka this week, plus plenty of awesome blogs. Read on…
Akka 2.0.1-RC1, including many performance enhancements and bugfixes. Click through for more information!
Scala 2.9.2 RC3. This release includes many bugfixes, as well as backported documentation and scaladoc improvements from the community.
Specs2 1.9. This release adds far too many features to list here, click through for more information.
sbt-man 0.1.0, a plug-in for sbt to lookup scaladocs.
sbt-scalashim 0.2.1, a plug-in for sbt to generate Scala shim like sys.error.
Giter8 0.4.2, a command line tool to apply templates defined on github.
SBTEclipse 2.1.0-M1, an sbt plugin for creating Eclipse project definitions.
Conscript 0.4.0, a tool for installing and updating Scala software programs.
xsbt-scalate 0.1.6, lets you generate sources for your Scalate templates and precompile them as part of the normal compilation process.
Blogs and tutorials
- Pavel Fatin (@pavelfatin) has posted an IntelliJ Scala plugin poll for Collection type highlighting proposals
- Playing With Actors by Jacob Groundwater (@ShanghaiNoob)
- Check out this blog about new and upcoming Scala books
- Play!ing (2.0) with Twitter Bootstrap, WebSockets, Akka and OpenLayers by Nicolas Deverge (@ndeverge)
- Check out these presentation slides on Procedure Typing for Scala by Alexander Kuklev (@akuklev) and Alexander Temerev (@temerev)
- Performance Scala vs. Python Results
- SBT Plugins Roundup by Eugene Yokota (@eed3si9n)
- Reading Configuration Files in Scala by Vikas Hazrati (@vhazrati)
Have a great weekend and as usual feel free to drop me a mail or message @markglh on twitter with any Scala news!