Welcome to another week in #Scala – it seems everyones been pretty busy this week! We’ve got new releases for Scalaz, Akka and shapeless to name a few, read on…
Scalaz 6.0.4 is now available! This latest release fixes a few bugs, including a critical bug in scalaz.concurrent.Actor, and adds some new features.
sbt-idea 1.0.0. This SBT plugin automates creation of IntelliJ IDEA project files from sbt project definitions.
shapeless 1.1.0. Shapeless is an exploration of type class and dependent type based generic programming in Scala.
scalatra 2.0.3 is out. Scalatra is a tiny, Sinatra-like web framework for Scala.
Akka-1.3-RC7. This maintenance release includes several minor improvements and bug fixes.
Akka 2.0 pre-release Milestone 3. The final release is getting closer all the time! This milestone fixes plenty of bugs, improves documentation and adds several new features. Click through for more information.
loglady 1.0.0. loglady is a crazy simple logging API for Scala, wrapping slf4j.
sbt-assembly has been updated to 0.7.3. sbt-assembly is a plug-in for SBT that creates a single jar of your project including all of its dependencies.
The Akka 2.x roadmap has been updated.
groll, a plugin for sbt to view and navigate through the Git history has been updated to 1.2.0
bytecask 0.1.1 is now available. bytecask is a low latency key/value database inspired by Bitcask
Lift Shiro 0.0.5. This is an integration between Apache Shiro and the Lift Web framework.
sbt-native-packager 0.2.0 has been released! Click through for the full details
Blogs and tutorials
- Coming to Scala – Futures and Promises
- No, I don’t owe you scala-tools.org by David Pollak (@dpp)
- SBT – DocBook Plugin by Ndidi Alaneme (@AmarettoAndCode)
- Mixfix Operators & Parser Combinators, Bonus Part 2a by Erkki Lindpere (@t4ffer)
- Scala “Bug” with CDI Dependency Injection by Hendy Irawan (@hendyirawan)
- Great tutorial on Scala macros (PDF!) by Eugene Burmako (@xeno_by)
- Fables of the Reconstruction Part 1: Losing the Thread by Nathan Hamblen (@n8han)
- Liftweb Bootstrap – a nice Base-Project by Franz Bettag (@fbettag)
- String Interpolation on Scala 2.10 by Daniel Sobral (@dcsobral)
- Q&A: An Introduction to the Scala Programming Language with Martin Odersky (@odersky)
- List Algebras and the fixpoint combinator Mu by Debasish Ghosh (@debasishg)
- AkkA Migration Guide, from 1.3.x to 2.0.x
- The Java ecosystem and Scala ABI versioning by Havoc Pennington (@havocp)
- Sonatype have posted instructions for publishing to oss.sonatype.org from SBT
- Marc-Daniel Ortega (@patterngazer) has blogged about using the brilliant Disruptor framework in scala, A Start Trek firing Disruptors from Scala
- The second part of the scala types interview with Viktor Klang is now available: Part 2 of Interview with Viktor Klang – Android and other musings
As usual feel free to drop me a mail or message @markglh on twitter with any Scala news!